- The excuses I've let myself get in the habit of using far too often.
- Putting all of my heart and passion into something that I didn't create or that I don't own.
- Wasting my days away with browsing on the internet instead of creating something.
- Getting jealous of others success simply because I'm too afraid to give it a go on my own.
- Not taking better care of myself.
- Letting negativity cloud my thoughts.
This is just a sample of some of the things I'm tired of. This came about as I was thinking about the fact that I'll be 31 this year and I don't feel like I have a lot to show for it. I also have so many ideas of things I want to do and accomplish but I just constantly give excuses. I see friends and peers I look up to accomplishing so much with a full plate of their own and I hit a tipping point.
Do I want my personal legacy to be "She was full of ideas but never took the initiative to do anything with them" or do I want it to be "She lived her life to the fullest and pursued her passions."
Now pursuing passions doesn't mean that you're all in or nothing at all. I know several people who manage their day jobs while also managing their personal projects on the side. Would I like my passions to be my full time gig? Of course, who wouldn't? But right now I want them to be something where I can escape from the everyday things that I do, to give myself time to not wallow on things that I just cannot control, and instead focus on what I CAN control and pour my heart into that.
I'm taking steps to do just that but I felt that I just needed to get that out of my system as a way to motivate myself to DO the things I keep saying I want to do but never actually pursue it.
I'm going to quit living in the village of "What Ifs" and got out and explore the land of "Unlimited Possibilities." I hope that you do the same for yourself too.