Project: Stitch the Pokedex

One of the big things that I've been trying to do for myself within the last few months is to get back into some of my relaxing hobbies: Drawing, Reading, and Crafts. When it comes to crafts the one thing I really love the most is cross stitching. My mother introduced me to it when I was younger and when I got older and realized "Oh wait, pixel characters like game sprites are totally good for something like this!" I was hooked!

Because I tend to start and stop a lot of creative endeavors I decided that I needed to give myself a goal to work towards. So to keep motivated to continue cross stitching I decided to give myself a little project that I've called "Stitch the Pokedex". It's not really original, I know plenty of people who stitch Pokemon, but I wanted to try and stitch them in order by the National Dex and starting on the original 151.

Though I made a slight edit in that I would add in any mega evolutions as I worked my way through the pokedex. While I wasn't able to get as many Pokemon done by the end of 2016 as I'd like, I did start only start in November prior to Sun and Moon coming out, I'm excited to continue as it's been very therapeutic. 

Since I am stitching these on plastic canvas and backing them with felt to protect the thread in the back of the project I decided to purchase charm straps and split rings to make them into charms for the DS. While I would LOVE to keep them for myself I, realistically, have no space for them (thank you tiny apartment). Though I haven't really decided what I will do with them once I'm done I'm excited and determined to finish the first 151 by the end of the year, here is my current progress.

I just have to finish stitching on backing to the Mega Charizards and cutting them out to add on the final touches of the slip rings and charm straps. Then it's on to Squirttle! Fun fact: I am not using a proper color chart to make these, I'm eyeballing the colors to see what works best.